Local Removals Newcastle
Let our furniture removalists do the heavy lifting so you can focus on starting afresh at your new home. To organise a free quote, contact us today!
Table of Contents
Furniture Removal Rates
Hourly Removalists’ Rates
Our hourly rates provide you with a great option for local removals. We have a range of rates to suit all needs and budgets.
Depending on your timeframe and budget, you can choose either 2 or 3 men to complete your local removal. The advantage with 3 men is that we can finish the job faster and it’s also ideal for difficult access locations, e.g. multi-storey buildings with stairs or elevators, and steep driveways.
Our Hourly Rates start at:
- Weekday from $165 per hour
- Saturday from $198 per hour
- Sunday rates available on request
Please call or email our office about our hourly rate removals. Alternatively, if you live in the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie area and will be moving locally, our estimator can come out to meet you to provide a no-obligation, onsite quote for your local relocation.
Fixed Price Local Removals
Another option, if you prefer knowing your removal costing upfront, is a fixed price quote.
You can get a fixed price quote by filling out the online quote form. We’ll email you back with a fixed price quote for your local removal based on the information you provided.
Alternatively, if you live in the Newcastle/Lake Macquarie area and will be moving locally, our estimator can come out to meet you and provide you with a no-obligation, onsite quote.
Insurance, in the form of our basic transit policy, is included in our quotes. It’s there to cover your goods in the unlikely event that something unexpected occurs. We aim to deliver your valuables in the same condition they were in, when we first picked them up. Our aim is always to make the moving process as smooth and stress-free as possible—for you as well as for ourselves.
Attention to detail is all-important to us at Greater Newcastle Removals. For the sake of everyone involved, mistakes, including damage, are best avoided. Our team is always mindful of safety and they are well equipped to handle goods with care.
As an owner operated business, however, we know sometimes the unexpected happens. No one has control over everything. Insurance happens to be the default backup plan for every man and his dog to mitigate loss. Unlike other removalists, at Greater Newcastle Removals, we include insurance in all free quotations. If you find yourself in the rare situation of needing to lodge a claim, you only need to pay the excess.
As stated on all our quotations:
“All our trucks are covered with Basic Transit Insurance which covers your goods for flood, fire, collision, roll-over, and if our vehicle is stolen.
“Included in this cover is loading and unloading.
“Basic Transit Insurance DOES NOT COVER: accidental damage, denting, scratching, chipping, or internal damage to electricals and items packed in boxes by the customer, unless dropped by our employee/s when loading or unloading”.
Please bear in mind that the transit policy will be deemed null and void if you pack any dangerous or flammable items.
Got gas? Our removalists would only take gas bottles that are with a certificate from a registered gas inspector stating that the bottle is free from gas.
Contact us today for a free quote that not only includes our basic transit insurance but also gets you the best available local removals service.
Expert Tips For A Stress-Free Move
Greater Newcastle Removals have skilled movers to help you with a variety of tasks that will help make moving house faster and more efficient. Whether you’re going far or staying close, our Removalists will help you every step of the way, from packing to getting settled in your new home.
We have quite a bit of solid advice based on our years of experience. Below are the best moving tips and tricks from a Newcastle Removalist.
- While we may be flexible with local moves, it’s harder to arrange interstate moves on short notice. It’s always best to let us know your moving timeline as soon as you can so that we can fit you into the schedule.
- Tell us when you want to get everything packed up and out of the old house and when you’re ready to be in the new home. That way, we can send our experienced movers to help you.
We are happy to do all the heavy lifting and loading, as well as transporting and unloading your possessions in your new home. However, you can really help simplify the day by having everything ready to go on moving day. That means having furniture taken apart, appliances unplugged and emptied out and an idea of where you want everything to go upon arrival at your new house.
This makes the entire moving process faster and will get things done within a reasonable time frame. If you’re just simply too busy, we also offer prepacking services.
- When you pack up your belongings, be sure you’re using sturdy boxes. We can supply high-quality packing supplies and boxes that can withstand being loaded up during your move. These are a much better choice than the flimsier options you can find at supermarkets and are better at holding up during the actual move without breaking and falling apart.
- We also offer cartons designed to move dishes, books, televisions and clothing so that it all arrives safe and secure.
- One of the best ways to assist us with your big move is to stay organised. Be sure you label your packing cartons, so we know where to put them when we unload.
- Keep all of your paperwork handy in case you need it and be ready with some cleaning supplies, paper plates and cutlery and anything else you’ll need right away.